My Mother

My Mother

Monday, February 22, 2010

Visiting Information

My family is more than happy to have my Mom's friends come to the hospital and visit. We want everyone to consider and understand a few things before you decide to come.

Please keep in mind that my Mom is in very critical condition still.

Call my Dad and let him know when you would like to come, because only 2 people are allowed in the room at a time. If you do not reach him just leave your contact info and he or I will get back to you.

She has a lot of medical equipment attached to her and bodily fluids visible. For her protection and your own, you must wear gloves and a gown if you would like to hold her hand or touch anything else in the room.

She is in a coma and has not been responsive since she has been in the hospital. She sometimes will open her eyes or move parts of her body, but these movements are not conscious responses. Please do talk to her while you are there.

If any of this is going to disturb you, we ask that you please wait for her to become more stable before coming to visit. My Mom is in ICU room 2 at Bayshore Medical Center in Pasadena. The visiting hours are everyday from 9-11 AM, 2-5 PM, and 8-9 PM. The only gifts allowed in the room are cards and photographs. If you would like more information please leave a comment on this post.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dallas,

    This is Linda Myers. I am terribly sorry to hear about your mother. I have always felt that she is a beautiful human being and am glad she is with God now and not suffering. I can still hear her voice and laughter in my head and probably always will because she was just that kind of person. I wanted to share a little story with you that Reno reminded me of. When he was little, probably five or so, I used to have kids over at our house to paint Easter eggs. Well, one year, your Mom was picked as one of the judges to choose the winning decorated easter egg. Reno said that she picked his egg. This has stood out in his mind even though it was 9 years ago because he felt that his egg was truly the ugliest and he was quite surprised that someone would choose it as the winning egg. Dee explained that she picked his egg because she thought that it was the most creative. He went on to say that she used a big word, which he thinks might have been "entrepreneur" explaining that she was an entrepreneur and as such admired creativity in people. This was just like your mom, boosting someone's confidence with kindness and sincerity. She was just that kind of person that could see the positive in every situation. I regret not having kept in touch over the past few years, but know that I would have eventually if time had permitted. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Love,
    The Myers Family

    ReplyDelete